Thursday, January 2, 2014

How do you write?

Do you have a ritual for when you write?

I have to have something to snack on, some music and something to drink.

But as of now, I don't have a set writing schedule. I usually have at least one child running, demanding something or another and by the time both my monsters go to bed, I am worn out and ready for sleeping myself, so late night writing doesn't work for me. 

I have found that sitting in a chair, not on my couch helps me be more productive, but sitting at my table means the kids have to keep walking by me, which means they ask for things - constantly! 

And the little coffee shop in the center of my town has a great view for writing to. 


But I only manage to get there when both kiddos are in school, which is twice a week for 2 hours

This year, I plan on making myself a writing schedule and really sticking to it. 

Feel free to poke me and tell me to work if you see me on Facebook or Twitter. I need less distraction, my offline life is enough of a distraction as it is! But honestly, how can you tell your 3-year-old 'no' when she asks to play tea party for the 6th time that day?

~M



0 comments:

Post a Comment